The rules are as follows:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 - 20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
I first got to know Ellen through her BurdaStyle Studio and was so happy when she began blogging at Ellen's Sewing Passion, sharing more details and photos of her work there. She also has an Instagram account and it's always a treat to see what comes through her feed. This kind, amazing lady has an abundance of talent and creative energy..... sewing gorgeous garment upon garment..... mostly from the BurdaStyle magazines. One of her favorite taglines is "sewing makes me happy" that always shines through her pretty smile. Thank you Ellen for thinking of me today!
Oooookay... now 3 things about myself.
#1 - Gosh I'm a pretty open book here at the blog and am having a brain freeze at the moment of what to share. I've always hesitated to speak of age as was afraid that'd pigeonhole me in some strange way.... but this year I turned 58 years old and my 40 year high school reunion was this past weekend. I did not attend, and I have not lived in that town for 40 years, and have only stayed in touch with a couple of my closest friends from back then..... which all means I've never seen my other classmates since 1978. So have to say it was quite interesting to see the reunion photos of all these 'old' people flooding my Facebook feed this past weekend. Didn't recognize a single person. It was weird, let me tell you! *please know I am telling you all this tongue-in-cheek with a little seriousness thrown in for good measure* :)
- What do you do to cheer up your partner?
- If I ask you to sing spontaneous, what song would that be?
- Your favorite topping on the ice-cream..
- What makes you feel uncomfortable..
- What kind of competition would you like to participate?
2. Sing.... I am a terrible singer, but love music and have played the piano since I was a child. For many years I was a church pianist where they actually paid me to play. Was always a sort of shock to receive a check. :)
3. Ice Cream topping..... Chocolate with whipped cream and a cherry on top. Yum!
4. Feel uncomfortable..... being in a roomful of people I do not know. I've had to work hard to overcome shyness in this area.
5. Competition..... State Fair!! Last year was the first year I participated in my state's State Fair competing in the 'Garment Sewing' category and am looking forward to (hopefully!) participating again this year.
Now 5 questions for my nominees are:
1. How long have you been sewing?
2. What prompted you to begin sewing for yourself?
3. What do you like to sew the most?
4. What other hobbies do you enjoy?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
No pressure to participate..... only if you want to..... my nominees for The Mystery Blogger Award, in no special order are:
Diary of a Sewing Fanatic
Allison C. Sewing Gallery
Sew, Jean Margaret
Sigrid - Sewing Projects
This was fun! :)
It was fun reading this post! It is always nice to learn something new about your favourite sewing bloggers!:) Thank you for nominating me, I'll see if I find the time to blog my answers :)ReplyDelete
Always interesting to find out more about fellow sewers. I too worry about being perceived as in some way "too old" - I am just a little bit older than you! It's a bit silly, as the sewing community does not seem to care two hoots about age! Which is so nice. And as for reunions - I agree. I doubt I would recognise anyone either, and these types of gatherings do not interest me - not so much because of shyness, but because I would rather do something else! Thanks for nominating me - I have been inactive with blogging for a few weeks as I have been busy with practice work (and a small dose of the blues, but that is passing). So this will be a good way to ease back in!ReplyDelete
Interesting facts about you, Lisa. I share your shyness in a group of strangers. Ack! I also have never been to a high school reunion though my husband goes to every single one of his. He's loves it. I figured if I only had two or three good friends out of a class of 500+, there is absolutely no need to go to a reunion and try to match faces with memories!ReplyDelete
Lovely little facts about you, Lisa! I can absolutely relate to your answers one and four! Probably my husband cheers up even more shopping without me, hehe.ReplyDelete
Thank you for nominating me, I hope that I will find the energy in this actual heatwave writing a post.
Thank you very much for such lovely compliments dear Lisa! I really enjoy reading your post. You are very inspiring and have a great taste of style and colors! Love all your sewing projects! I'm delighted to be a part of your sewing circle ♥ReplyDelete
Nice to encounter a fellow equestrian! I also rode hunter/jumpers in my youth. Sadly no more, but it was a fun time in my life. I'm now into all fiber arts. I like your sewing. You seem to have good taste and execution.ReplyDelete